Today is National Orphan Day! And Brent was asked to preach - well not because it was this day, it just happend to be that MJ was out of town. But I thought it was a neat circumstance. :)
I think God makes cool details happen like that.
Also we finished our fund-raiser of selling Boston Butts for our adoption. It was so great! Our goal was to sell 100! I knew it could happen, I was just wondering if it would, and IT DID!!! YAY PRAISE THE LORD!!
Actually, the cut off was 96 because of the way we had to cook them, but some people gave more than just the price we set for the boston butt, so we raised as much as if we had sold 100 and maybe a few more! We are so excited! We can almost pay for our entire home study! This is a great encouragment to us! Especially since the last fund-raiser was a wash - literally too -haha -it rained that day. We almost wanted to give up on everything and move back to Texas!!
But perhaps it did not go well because we had not yet changed our adoption back to Peru.
We are so excited about adopting from Peru. It's so right. I just know it!
We have future fund-raisers planned for January - April. Please pray for the Lord to prompt people to give. We cannot do this without the Lord or without others giving for a sweet child in Peru! But God never starts something that He does not finish, so I just have to be patient - which really stinks. I'm no good at being patient.
But back to Orphan Sunday. His Voice for Sudan is a non-profit that our friends Vernon and Amber have been blessed to start some orphanages there.
Here are the links for their sites:
http://www.vimeo.com/1875783 - this is a great video that Amber made.
http://www.hisvoiceforsudan.com/-this has all the info you need about Vernon and Amber's non-profit, plus videos and pictures.
http://www.hisvoiceforsudan.blogspot.com/-this is their running blog. It is fun and current!

1 comment:
So sorry to hear about your puppy! Could you please send me you email? Praise God for your hs being paid for! One step closer. Praying for you!
Post a Comment